Paper Folding


 

    For my paper folding project, I'm thinking of making a wii remote. The wii console was a big part of my childhood so I think it would make for a good model. For this project we were tasked with creating 8 different unique forms to create and unroll, so I thought this would be a really good opportunity to try and create a model of each part of the wii remote.



(Remote main base)
Immediately, I kinda ran into some problems with modeling. The lofting tool wouldn't work for me, it said "the curves are not connected" even though I tried multiple times to connect the curves. Hopefully I will figure that out in the future but for now I just used the surface creating tool. It was a bit finicky but it did help me get the models done. I think this base needs a little more shaping and I will definitely fix that for the final model.
(Back Button)
I think this back button looks pretty good! The only thing I would change is that the curve should be fully curved instead of the blocky curve. Though to be honest I kinda like the blocky look of it. Gives it a sorta interesting style.

(Wii strap connector)

(Cross button)

(A button)


(Back casing of a remote)

(Failed scissors)

moving away from the wii remote (I ran out of unique buttons to make haha), i tried to make a different object for practice but I may have been a little overambitious, as I couldn't figure out a way to unroll this so that the pieces didn't overlap. Maybe I just need some more practice with unrolling

(Weird form for practice)
For this form I was mainly messing around with the loft tool to see if I can further understand how it works. I think this helped me out a little bit. It was also interesting to unroll since it has curved edges which looks kind of wonky. 

In the end, I struggled quite a bit with this project at first. I think my main problem was I totally underestimated how much time it would take me get the hang of it (I thought it was really easy in the demo online! but then I spent like 2 or so hours just with failed shapes that either wouldnt unroll into a refoldable form or would not model at all). I think after doing these 8 shapes I'm getting the hang of it a little more, even if they aren't the best shapes out there. I will keep practicing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Objectified Response

Remix Project