3D Object Project

 For this project Araya and I worked together to make an interesting 3D model design. I've never 3D printed something, so it was very exciting to see and experience the entire process of this project

Here were my 6 models that I made 

(Design we chose for the final)







(Araya's models)

(Design we chose for the final model)




Here were some sketches of some of the combinations we tried out. We eventually settled on the last one of the little creature guy which I personally think is definitely the coolest one. It was worth trying out so many different combos to get a good final design.


First combination! We decided to use my weird bulb shape model and Araya's twizzler looking spiral model to create something that resembles a little jellyfish/creature guy. We also had to adjust each of our models a little to make it fit better into the concept. To make it more creature like, we added the two eyes onto my base. I think this design is really interesting because we managed to somehow make something resembling a cool creature out of two completely random shapes which is really neat. The bottom of this version of the design specifically was too steep and probably wouldn't print well, so in the final model we used a thinner base.
Final Revised Design

Printed Model!






    I was really happy with how this one turned out! There's not too much I can reflect on honestly because this project was surprisingly easy. We did definitely have to change a couple things around to make the final design work (Araya stretched the base and modeled the legs to fit the creature better in the final model which was awesome). I'd say the most important thing I learned from this (other then just learning to print with the 3D printer) was not to use the group function when I was trying to join things😭 that could have screwed me over in the future. In the end, I had a lot of fun with this project and it felt like a very nice way to leave off this semester.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Objectified Response

Remix Project

Paper Folding